December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018

On Sunday we went to San Vito! This was our free day from doing research and we got to explore the city. Everyone had the choice to hike there or take a taxi at either 1:30 pm or 5:30 pm(for dinner). I chose to take the taxi at 1:30. When we arrived in the city, we got dropped off and everyone went off into groups. The first place that we went was a grocery store to shop around for snacks. I got some delicious cookies and two bags of chips. I then waited outside for others to be done. Mike Heim then came around the corner with a group and said that there was a bakery down the street. I asked if they had donuts and he said they did. At this point, I had been craving a donut for so long so I got excited. I then asked Mo if he wanted to go the bakery and we went. We got to the bakery and I picked out a delicious looking donut that had caramel and peanuts on it. After getting the pastries we set out and explored the rest of the town. My favorite part was visiting a playground/park with exercising machines in the back. The machines felt more like random playground equipment than exercising machines. They were interesting and definitely different than back home. I also enjoyed seeing a statue, mural, and kitten in the center of town. Awhile later, we met with one of the mentors and walked to the restaurant where we were having dinner. We sat at a table in the back and relaxed for a while until everyone else started to show up.
For dinner, I had the vegetarian pizza. The pizza was delicious. It had carrots, broccoli, peppers and other veggies on it. I thought the broccoli would taste a little weird, but it turned out to work so well. This restaurant(who I sadly forgot the name of) officially has my second favorite vegetarian pizza. The first being Vita pizza in Duluth, Minnesota. After dinner, we all took taxis back to the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 11, 2018

December 18, 2018

December 13, 2018