December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

We got up at 5:30am to get ready and head to the airport by 6:00am. Our flight to San Jose, Costa Rica was at 9:46am. This time everything went smoothly and we were on our way to the Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose. I sat next to a girl who I learned was returning home to Costa Rica from a month long trip in the US. We arrived in San Jose around 12:30pm. There, we met with one of the CRiRE mentors, Jessica Black. From the airport we traveled to a car rental place. After the car rental place we went back to the airport to pick up another CRiRE member, Mo. The wrong airport was entered into the GPS and we ended up at a tiny airport. After about an hour of riding around, we made it to the Juan Santamaria International Airport. The five of us packed tightly into the car and started the journey to the cloud forest. As we started to go up in elevation, I felt my ears pop and I had to take deeper breaths. My lungs were able to adjust pretty quickly. We arrived at the place we were staying, La Georgina Cabinas. The fogginess reminded me of Silent Hill. After arriving the owners were kind and heated some food for us. I had plantains, a potato thing, a cheese tortilla and some tea. The rooms we stayed in, although nice, were super cold. The water was also freezing. I wanted to freshen up from the days travels, but I couldn't bring myself to. Before bed, Nicole and I watched a TV show on her laptop. That night I was super cold and wore layers to bed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 18, 2018

December 8-9, 2018

December 11, 2018